Reduce COVID-19 Risk with a Work Safety Plan
Take Safety Seriously by Using Our Professional Disinfection Services
Workplace safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a high priority for businesses. One of the best things you can do as a property manager or business owner is to implement a workplace safety plan.
LEARN PROPER SAFETY PROCEDURES TO REDUCE RISK AT YOUR BUSINESS
Reviewing and understanding Federal, State, OSHA, and/or CDC guidelines for maintaining a healthy and safe work environment is a critical step to minimizing risk to your business. Proactively taking steps to create and maintain a clean and safe work environment demonstrates that you take the health and safety of your employees and occupants seriously.
DEVELOP A WORKPLACE SAFETY PLAN
- Inspect space and develop a plan to maintain social distancing requirements and allows for flexible work schedules including maintaining remote work capabilities
- Commit to monitoring and following public health guidelines
- Implement and maintain safe, social distancing practices
- Encourage frequent hand washing
- Provide hand sanitizer stations
- Develop a daily disinfection plan
- Remind employees to stay home if they are sick
TELL TEAM MEMBERS ABOUT YOUR SAFETY PLAN
Don’t assume your employees or tenants know what steps you’re taking to minimize risk —tell them! Communicating your plan will help provide some needed reassurance that their health and safety is your top priority.
HAVE YOUR ENTIRE OFFICE CLEANED AND DISINFECTED
- Disinfect spaces, furnishings, and mechanical systems regularly or before employees return to the workplace
- Inspect for obvious signs of damage like broken windows or doors or water leaks
- Inspect for hazards (electrical, mechanical, structural, physical, etc.)
According to the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), here are two hidden risks you should consider:
- Mold growth
- Bacteria in water systems
KEEP YOUR WORKSPACE SAFE WITH REGULAR DISINFECTION
While you’re focused on COVID-19 exposure affecting regular business operations, don’t forget the importance of maintaining a consistent cadence of regular and preventative maintenance activities. Prevent that project you put off before the shutdown from becoming the next disaster.
Peace of mind is a wonderful thing. Following these steps to reduce your COVID-19 risk with a workplace safety plan can provide businesses and occupants comfort knowing their health and safety is your top priority.
To ensure your building is ready to reopen, schedule a consultation or reach out to your FIRST ONSITE Account Manager to discuss service options.
Your needs are diverse. We’re a single-source partner restoration company with services, tools, and specialization to cover them all. From enabling business continuity for banks and manufacturing facilities, to ensuring healthcare professionals maintain critical services, to helping homeowners rise above the trauma of property damage, we do it all.
Find out how we apply our experience to serve a wide range of industries.
Find out how our leading North American restoration services can overpower your challenges.