Last Updated: May 31, 2022
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by FIRST ONSITE PROPERTY RESTORATION. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, which are subject to their respective privacy policies.
Personal Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information through the Channels. The types of personal information we may obtain include, without limitation:
- Contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you;
- Biographical and demographic information (such as name, email, company name, job title/position and detailed information about your request);
- Location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- Contact information you provide about other people you would like us to contact;
- Other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our variety of Contact web forms, Blog signup and Guide Download Forms).
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Many web browsers also allow you to block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of this website. You can disable cookies from your computer system by following the instructions on your browser or at www.youradchoices.com.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide and administer our products and services;
- Communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- Engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- Provide customer support;
- Process, evaluate and respond to requests and inquiries;
Create, administer and communicate with you about your account;
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, Online Channels, network services, information resources and employees.
We may combine personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses, to the extent required by applicable law.
Personal Information Sharing
We may disclose personal information about you: (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or, (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
How We Protect Personal Information Transmission
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels. While we are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and updating a reasonable information security program, no such program can be perfect; in other words, all risk cannot reasonably be eliminated. Data security incidents and breaches can occur due to vulnerabilities, criminal exploits or other factors that cannot reasonably be prevented. Accordingly, while our reasonable security program is designed to manage data security risks and thus help prevent data security incidents and breaches, it cannot be assumed that the occurrence of any given incident or breach results from our failure to implement and maintain reasonable security.
Retention of Personal Information
How to Contact Us