Preventing Winter Damage to Residential Properties
The winter season brings unpredictable weather with freezing temperatures, heavy snowfalls, and severe storms creating potentially damaging conditions. Use these tips for homeowners to help protect properties once the winter weather hits.
As a homeowner you want to prevent unnecessary damage to your biggest asset, your home. Prevention starts with an awareness of what could go wrong, followed by a few smart checks to make sure your home is safe.
As winter approaches each year, it is important to make sure things are running smoothly in your home and on your property. Cold temperatures and inclement weather can affect homes very quickly, so if your home isn’t winter-ready, there is a higher risk of damage.
Read on to find out about the precautions you can take to protect your property.
- PREVENTING PROPERTY DAMAGE
- HOW WINTER DAMAGE AFFECTS HOMES
- PREPARING YOUR HOME TO WITHSTAND THE EFFECT OF WINTER
- PREVENTING DAMAGE TO YOUR HOME’S EXTERIOR
- AVOID FLOODING & WATER DAMAGE
- PREVENT FIRE DAMAGE
- OTHER PROPERTY TO PROTECT
- WHAT TO DO ONCE WINTER WEATHER HITS