If you’re a broker who provides insurance coverage for residential properties like multifamily and single-family homes, school dorms, and senior living facilities, or large commercial properties used in the government, financial, hospitality, education, industrial manufacturing, or transportation sectors, you rely on client referrals and word-of-mouth to find new business.
One way to strengthen your clients’ loyalty and ensure great referrals is to take exceptional care of them. And one way to take exceptional care of your clients is by getting them the help they need when they need it most.
Critical Situations Require Experienced Care
Emergencies can strike without warning. The response to catastrophic events and the mitigation of large, complex losses in particular, require a quick response from an experienced resource that has the scale and knowledge to handle any emergency.
As an insurance broker, you should proactively provide your clients with names of companies they can partner with to help with critical situations and recommend people who can get the job done for them.
Here are just a few of the critical situations your clients may face suddenly and the type of help they may need:
- COVID-19 Decontamination – To clean, decontaminate, and protect environments from the Novel Coronavirus.
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Including damage from water, smoke, soot, and flames like structural damage, critical systems interruptions, and the release of harmful materials and toxic gases into the environment.
- Water and Flood Damage Restoration – Including damage from putting out fires to hurricanes, water main breaks to dams, and levees giving way.
- Mold and Environmental Remediation – Mold is a silent threat that can seriously damage the indoor air quality of a building, leading to severe respiratory problems.
- Catastrophic Event Restoration – Damage from sudden, natural, or man-made situations where changing environments and destruction occur.
Insurance Brokers Need Emergency Response Planning
When it comes to recommending reliable contracting partners to your clients, you want them to take advantage of your experience, accept your help, and have confidence in your suggestions. This is where emergency response planning can help. With it, you will be prepared to help your clients whenever they need an exceptional insurance claim partner- and they’ll probably let everyone know how grateful they are for your help.
When looking for contractors to add to your list, keep these tips in mind:
- Get familiar with the contractor’s credentials, such as experiences and how many jobs they’ve completed successfully.
- Make sure the contractor is licensed and carries insurance for liability and workers’ compensation.
- Check references. Search online reviews, call other brokers who use them, and interview their clients.
- Find out if they belong to any trade groups, such as the Better Business Bureau.
- Review current news releases on the company.
- Review the contractor’s written estimates to see how they detail the costs of material, labor, the scope of work, deadlines, and whether they offer a guarantee.
Choose a Partner That Offers Emergency Response Planning
One way to ensure you’re getting your clients the help they need when they need it most is to partner with an insurance claim partner that offers emergency response planning as a service.
Companies that understand how to respond to emergencies are standing by 24/7, ready to jumpstart your clients’ recovery process no matter what. They will have decades of experience in emergency response and mitigation, and they’ll help your clients overcome the worst with urgency and efficiency.
Companies like First Onsite will respond to an insurance broker’s call immediately and give the same service to your clients, no matter when or where. We have industry knowledge, experience, and the necessary resources to respond to your clients’ restoration and remediation needs.
We Help You Restore, Rebuild and Rise.
With decades of experience, unmatched agility, and the scalability for any job, FIRST ONSITE has everything it takes to be your single-source restoration partner.
When disaster strikes, you need a rapid response from a partner with the skills and experience to handle any type of unexpected event. Our comprehensive coverage means we can be there whenever, wherever, and however you need us. But we’re more than just a property restoration powerhouse — we’re a team of people dedicated to doing good and doing the right thing. We’re here to help.
Contact us to schedule a consultation today.