Fight Smoke & Fire With a Full-Service Partner
The hard work of putting out a fire is just the beginning. We’re here to help with every aspect of the process. From assessing structural concerns and extracting water to removing soot and chemicals, we’re ready to be the only smoke & fire recovery partner you’ll ever need.
Fight Smoke & Fire With a Full-Service Partner
Smoke and fire damage can create a host of problems. Learn how we respond to them.
Fires can do more than compromise the structural integrity of your building. They interrupt critical systems, like HVAC or electrical, and can release harmful materials like asbestos. We respond by:
- Mitigating damage to ensure site safety
- Providing temporary power and climate control sources
- Assessing near- and long-term structural issues
- Identifying and mediating the source of harmful substances
Smoke and soot contain harmful carcinogens and acidic residues that discolor and corrode surfaces. When transported by HVAC systems alongside fire suppression chemicals, they affect entire buildings. We respond by:
- Sending in soot and smoke damage specialists
- Decontaminating residue-covered surfaces
- Providing solutions to slow down corrosive reactions
- Removing hazardous toxins, oils, and odors
Although it’s fire’s worst enemy, water used in fire suppression can create an entirely new set of challenges. Excessive moisture can rust pipes, rot drywall, create mold, or compromise a building’s structural integrity. We respond by:
- Providing drying & dehumidification services
- Sending in mold restoration specialists
- Offering content restoration services
- Reconstructing water-damaged areas
First Onsite Fire & Smoke Restoration Services
First Onsite teams are available 24/7 to stabilize and secure your property, mitigating ongoing damage to the building, and the contents. As a leader in fire and smoke damage restoration, we can quickly get your property back to its original condition, minimizing the interruption to your life or business.
Steps to Take After a Fire
- Contact the insurance and mortgage company or the business property owner.
- If fire professionals have given you the okay to enter the property, you may be able to retrieve important items you need immediate access to.
- Contact the police department and utilities if the area is to be left vacant.
- Don’t attempt to clean up or make repairs to your home or business. It is highly recommended that you hire a professional for all repairs and restoration.
- Contact First Onsite: After the fire department has left and all concerned parties contacted, it’s time to get the restoration process started.
Why You Need to Hire a Professional Fire and Smoke Restoration Team
Safety is the number one concern in fire and smoke restoration. Fires can do more than compromise the structural integrity of the structure. Critical systems like the HVAC, electrical, and plumbing may be impacted. The smoke residue and water, or other fire extinguishing products may also contain harmful toxins that much be handled with care.
Our teams will work quickly using trained fire and smoke restoration professionals who will assess the damage and work to restore your property. We have the experience and equipment to handle structural damage, remove harmful soot, and address water damage. Whether a residential structure, apartment, commercial or industrial building at First Onsite, we’re here to get your property back as it was before the fire.
First Onsite Fire & Smoke Restoration Process
The process of fire and smoke restoration includes damage assessment, debris removal, identification of any mold issues, decontamination, and repair. There are some of the steps in fire and smoke restoration:
- Secure the property: If the fire is extensive, secure any entrances to the property and shut off all utilities. Our teams install temporary power, heat, or cooling installations if required.
- Assess the damage: We then assess any damage that may have been a result of fire, smoke, soot, or water damage.
- Water extraction: Technicians remove any standing water from the property and begin the structural drying.
- Demolition and debris removal: Any major damage will be demolished, and all debris will be removed from the property.
- Disinfect and decontaminate the property: Hazardous toxins, oils, and odors are removed, and residue-covered surfaces will be decontaminated.
- Identify any sources of mold growth: After the source is identified, mold issues will be contained and removed.
- Clean and disinfect areas affected by mold: Areas affected by mold will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to eliminate mold spores.
- Repair and reconstruction: Damage by fire can be extensive and may require a full rebuild. Roofs and walls may need to be replaced, drywall fixed, windows replaced, and surfaces repainted.
First Onsite smoke and fire restoration services will get you back on your feet as quickly as possible and eliminate fire, soot, and water damage.
Trusted Fire & Smoke Restoration Services
Fire and smoke damage can devastate your home, business, and health. With decades of experience, state-of-the-art solutions, and rapid response, First Onsite can be your partner for complete smoke and fire restoration.
First Onsite has a 24-hour emergency call center where we can quickly dispatch our teams to your area. Our comprehensive North America coverage includes US, Canada and Puerto Rico, and can be scaled to fit jobs of every size and complexity.